Talley Associates is seeking an accomplished Senior Designer that will manage projects and lead a design team within the studio. Design thinking and problem solving at many scales, from big idea concepts to a critical understanding and demonstration of detailed documentation.
Talley Associates was founded in 1993, and is based upon a culture of creativity, design excellence, and interdisciplinary collaboration. We apply a thorough, process-oriented design approach having a high level of interactivity with the client and design team.
Our planning and design philosophy consistently focuses on environmental responsibility, the accountability of place, context and history. The result is a design solution that integrates the artistic with the technical in a thought-provoking way. Our firm’s strength is our diverse experience, problem solving abilities, design inventiveness, and thoroughness of detail paid to all aspects of work accomplished by senior level design and production professionals.
Talley Associates portfolio includes a variety of project types, including museums, hospitality and resorts, parks and recreation, academic, corporate, mixed-use and urban design projects. We work throughout the US and abroad. We are passionate about what we do.
- 10-12 years landscape architect/ project management and design thinking.
- Excellent design skills
- Excellent graphics, specifically at the conceptual level
- Illustrates strong team leadership
- Strong understanding of hardscape construction, landscape planting design and plant materials, grading and site planning
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Strong oral, written and graphic communication .
- Ability to prepare CAD design development, detailed documentation and construction drawing sets,
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite required
- Strong skills of SketchUp and other 3-D modeling programs
- Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited and challenging program
- MLA and BLA preferred
We offer a full range of benefits including a competitive salary, paid vacation and holidays, health insurance, dental insurance and a retirement plan. We are accepting portfolios. Please submit resume and portfolio to: Jtalley@talleyassociates.com